Me too ! I seem to have forgotten everything

 [Music for listening to while reading this page] [Epilog: More things I've forgotten]

So, here I am, ...
confidently working up my next OOP project.

I get the idea that I wnat to see the latest directory of my newly defined class -- what methods have I created in here so far?

So use the dir() function. Right?
But the function returns a very long, long list object stretching across one line in the console.

No good. I want it broken up into smaller pieces. Oh no! How do I do that? I'm cluless. My mind is a BLANK.

I go to sleep. "Idiot!", my subconscious replies upon waking up. Have you forgotten how to slice a list? Seems so. Amnesia has struck. It happens. Even to me. Luckily not a permanent condition.

Point is, we have to repeatedly go back to fundamentals (back to our roots) and refresh them or else we forget them. Even the most elementary ones.

Eventually, I got it going. But in the process realized I don't remember how to convert a list into a set of strings.  (See the G4G answer HERE) I don't remeber how the join() function works! (See the G4G answer HERE) I can't get the len() function to work inside my OOP method! (See the Google answer HERE)


More importantly I'd flunk the interview exam for knowing anything about OOP (HERE)

Rinse and Repeat.
Got to get back to the fundamantals.
Too full of myself.


Wrote my own r_pad() right justification function
Used map() to apply r_pad to each element of dir(self) list:

def r_pad(self, txt = ' ', size = 20): # see gQAB ::: "python determine length of a string while inside an OOP method"
pad_on_int = size - len(txt)
pad_on = " " * pad_on_int
padded = txt + pad_on
return padded

def show_dir(self, begin, next):
show_txt = " ".join(list(map(self.r_pad,dir(self)[begin:next])))
return show_txt

I've forgotten how to Debug !!!

If there are no errors, I'm not pushing myself hard enough.
Mistakes is how one learns.
g
QAB ::: Tips and Tricks for Debugging Your Python Code
    ^^^-- (fCC) = Python Debugging Handbook
    ^^^-- (Real Py) = 
How to Debug Common Python Errors
    ^^^-- (Brody) = 10 Debugging Tips for Beginners: How to Troubleshoot
    ^^^-- (gQAB) ::: Python debugger tutorials
                ^^^-- (G4G) = Python Debugger – Python pdb 

yQAB ::: Tips and Tricks for Debugging Your Python Code
    ^^^-- (ML Guy) = 
How to Debug Python Code (5+1 MUST-KNOW Techniques) 


A PARTIAL LIST OF MORE THINGS I HAVE FORGOTTEN

One of my oft repeated mantras is :
"Return to your Roots"

In other words, when stuck about what to do next, go back to your beginnings. Recall what your initial goals were. Did you get sideracked?

So I'm first going back to my post archives in this blog, to the start: back in April 2025 (here)
And more so to the reasons given for starting this blog in the first place (here):

(1) Journaling for Journaling's sake: Why bother?
    (1a) Keep and improve your writing skills                             (gQAB ::: here)
        (1a.1) Pointers found in the above gQAB =              Google Query ABout at (1a):
                Maintain a consistent writing routine/habit, (see IE yQAB ::: writing (here))
                    ^^^-- 
Interactive English -- 17 Writing Tips That Will Help You Write Like a Pro
                           ^^^-- Proof read over and over, Focus on individual sentences, Read other styles
                                        ^^^ more here ??? (link doesn't work)
                    ^^^-- Reddit r/writing -- M
ost effective way to improve your writing skills

    (1b) Reach out and maybe touch somebody with your online posts (gQAB ::: here)
        (1b.1) Pointers found in above Google Query ABout at (1b):
                
10 Benefits of Blogging Even if Nobody Reads It -- by 
Mark Schaefer =
                    ^^^--  In time, your obscure but poignant post will be found
                    ^^^--  Develop / progressively upgraded your personal memes / brands
                    ^^^--  Discover new patterns when you connect the dots (e.g. via Obsidian)
                    ^^^--  Take others along with you on your learning journey
                    ^^^--  Learn how to express your thoughts with greater clarity
                    ^^^--  Create a storehouse of knowledge / pre-packaged responses
                    ^^^--  Advance your HTML /CSS skills  gQAB ::: "Advance your ..."
                                ^^^-- (G4G) Geeks-for-Geeks -- HTML Tutorial
                                ^^^-- Reddit -- How to improve HTML and CSS skills
                                ^^^-- gQAB ::: "Can I learn HTML by using Blogger?"
                                ^^^-- (G4G) ::: Building a Personal Blog Using HTML

        (1b.2)   
5 Life-Changing Benefits of Blogging
                    ^^^--  The reach for clarity will change / improve YOU /improve yr writing
                    ^^^--  Motivate yourself to do research    (self-motivations: here)
                    ^^^--  Cross-combine your ideas -- discover your areas of interest
                    ^^^--  Improve your individual thinking skills (analyze your own ideas)
                   ^^^--  Passive return on investment (ROI) over time (shared & spread by others)
                    ^^^--  Review your old thoughts months later (see how you've changed)
                Quora -- 
What are the benefits of blogging and how often should you do it?
                   ^^^--  You may be just writing to yourself (as in a journal or diary)
                                        but it is a way to collect your thoughts, meditate, and to learn and study
                                        things you may not otherwise do and to later on sharing it with others at
                                        the appropriate time and place

(2) Too old to learn ???
    (2a) 
gQAB ::: "What happens to your ability to learn as you age?"
                    ^^^--  How the Brain Ages : cognitive decline
       ^^^--  (MBG): 
The truth about cognitive decline & what you can do about it

                    ^^^--  Staying Sharp As We Age
--Rethinking Cognitive Decline: Stimulus and the Aging Brain | Dr. Tommy Wood
  ^^^--  How to Future-Proof Your Brain from Dementia — Dr. Tommy Wood

    (2b) gQAB ::: "What happens to intelligence as we age?"
                    ^^^--  YT : "Can We Avoid Cognitive Decline with Age?"
        ^^^--  Jim Kwik (Learning coach) -- How Your Brain Changes as You Age
    (2c) gQAB ::: "Am I too old to learn Python?"
                    ^^^--  How to Learn Programming If You're Older
                    ^^^-- Jake ::: JavaScript or Python?
                    ^^^-- Jake ::: My Messy, Non-Traditional Coding Journey
                    ^^^-- 7 Reasons Why You Are Not Too Old to Learn Python



(2d) Can an Old Dog Learn New Tricks (Power Point from talk is here)
          ^^^--  25 slides
          ^^^--  Slide #1 : Introduction to concepts, neural anchor points
          ^^^--  Slide #2 : Far Side cartoon
          ^^^--  Slide #3 :  Different Types of "Knowledge"
          ^^^--  Slide #4 :  The T-shaped Knowledge Graph
          ^^^--  Slide #5 :  Emotion-enhanced Neural Anchor Points
          ^^^--  Slide #6 :  Disclaimers (All humans are vulnerable)
          ^^^--  Slide #7 :  Dunning-Kruger Effect
          ^^^--  Slide #8 :  Crystallized and Fluid IQ's
          ^^^--  Slide #9 :  Fluid IQ declines with Age
          ^^^--  Slide #10 : What happened in the C classroom
          ^^^--  Slide #11 : Noob encounters a Brave New World of Software Dev
          ^^^--  Slide #12 : Ancient History: April 2025
          ^^^--  Slide #13 : First Cheat Sheets
          ^^^--  Slide #14 : A Road Divergent: Obsidian / PKM's
          ^^^--  Slide #15 : Circular Import Hell (Almost Quit)
          ^^^--  Slide #16 : Giving Back: Collected Links for Py Noobs
          ^^^--  Slide #17 : Yet More Miles to Go
          ^^^--  Slide #18 : Connectomes
          ^^^--  Slide #19 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #20 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #21 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #22 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #23 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #24 : --under construction--
          ^^^--  Slide #25 : --under construction--

        (2d.1) ADDITIONAL NOTES BASED ON, OR DERIVED FROM,
                ABOVE PPT SLIDES:



    
            (2d.1a) gQAB ::: Memory and importance of Neural Anchor Points
        ^^^--  The use of memory anchoring for lasting memorization
        ^^^--  How Memories Form: A Neural Network Explained Deep Scientific Facts
        ^^^--  Study Motivation & Guidance  ... more of playlists (here)
        ^^^--  Anchor Unforgettable Memories Instantly: Why memory anchoring
                    enhances recall dramatically  (more of Blue Peter here)

        ^^^--  
        ^^^--  


-- 
This Illusion Proves Your Brain Hallucinates Every Moment
-- 
Your Brain Decides Before You Do | The 300ms Experiment That Broke Free Wil

gQAB ::: How to create url that points to specific text

TO BE CONTINUED

MORE TO EXPLORE

(SW) -- Learning coach SW teaches how to Memorize (Rest and Repeat)

                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links for Python Noobs

The Learn HOW to Learn Page

Welcome to Circular Import Hell